Windows 10 has been released for a few years, in July 2015 to be precise. One of the major novelties of Microsoft’s operating system is the possibility for recent Windows users (Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7) to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Even users with a pirated version of Windows 10 (we also speak of a cracked version of Windows) can upgrade for free to the latest version of the Redmond firm’s OS and obtain an authentic and free digital license (also sometimes called Digital Rights). But Windows 10 is no longer the latest version of Windows since Windows 11 was released in June 2021 keeping this free upgrade principle.
In some specific cases, you will still need to purchase Windows. Unfortunately, the purchase price of Windows, more than a hundred dollars, often discourages potential buyers and less fortunate users.
Here are my tips and tips for finding and acquiring a Windows 10 license much cheaper than if you went directly through the Microsoft store or an authorized reseller. This Windows license will also be very useful for you to update to Windows 11. Indeed, if you are wondering how to buy a Windows 11 license, Microsoft’s latest OS, know that it is quite possible to install Windows 11 using your Windows 10 license!
What is the price of a license for Windows 10 ?
The purchase price of a Windows license depends mainly on where you buy it. Microsoft sells its own product keys for Windows 10 directly from its website (Windows Store) or via resellers/stores. You will generally find them around 100/150€ for a genuine copy of Windows 10 Home (Windows 10 Home in English) and 200/250€ for Windows 10 Professional (Windows 10 Professional in English, often abbreviated in French to Windows 10 Pro). But it is also possible to find cheaper Windows 10 product keys and licenses to install the latest version of Microsoft’s operating system.
Is it possible to acquire a second-hand license for Windows 10 ?
Why are these activation keys and serial numbers for Windows 10 much cheaper than the Windows licenses sold by Microsoft? Simply because most are second-hand licenses for Windows 10. It’s been completely legal since 2012 in Europe since the UsedSoft GmbH vs. Oracle International Corp. of July 3, 2012 (case c-128/11) which allows the resale of used software or operating system keys. These are, for example, license keys (OEM keys or retail keys also called Windows 10 License Retail) for Windows 10 recovered from PCs that will be destroyed or that are not used in companies.
No scam on the horizon with used keys, these Windows keys are legal and valid! Your Windows will therefore be identified by Microsoft as genuine and your computer will work properly. And this, at a reduced price compared to a new Windows 10 license!
A friend recently advised me of an online store in French that sells licenses for Windows 10 and for many software (video game licenses, high-performance antivirus, Cloud, etc.) at really very attractive prices: MMOGA. I therefore wanted you to take advantage of its interesting and economical offers to hunt down an authentic and valid Windows 10 license with complete peace of mind!
Which Windows 10 license to choose ?
Please note that the license key purchased does not allow you to switch from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional!
If you have a Home version (the name of the Family version in English), you will indeed not be able to upgrade your PC to the Pro version, you will have to completely reinstall Windows (and therefore lose your current data).
If you want to buy a valid license key for Windows 10, be sure to check which version of Windows you have (Home/Family, Pro/Professional, Education, Enterprise/Enterprise) and buy the license corresponding to your current Windows version.
Advice on buying Windows 10 activation key (Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 OEM license) and Microsoft Office suite
I won’t hide from you that I was initially skeptical about the really cheap side of these Windows 10 licenses and this kind of website which is very present on the web. But after having tested myself the acquisition of a second-hand key for Windows 10 at a reduced price which worked perfectly and several returns from visitors to this very satisfied site, I was quickly reassured. I happened to contact MMOGA support once and I was very satisfied with the responsiveness and competence of the customer support who managed to solve my problem.
How to recover your Windows 10 license purchased on MMOGA ?
In addition, here are some tips to avoid any surprises when buying your second-hand license key, whether for Windows 10, MS Office or any other license (video games, gift card, etc.):
- Be careful about the email address entered when ordering. Check that it is spelled correctly since your license will be sent to you by email. If the address is incorrectly entered, you will not be able to receive the license ordered. Before filing a complaint with the seller, also check the spam / junk folder of your email to be sure that your order and the serial number are not there.
- When placing your order, note the order number which will be assigned to you after payment. You may be asked for it in the event of a problem.
- I also suggest that you create an account when making your purchase (rather than checking out as a guest), this will make it easier to track your order.
- Likewise, I strongly advise you to use PayPal for this kind of purchase. Because PayPal has a very strict refund policy, especially in the event of no response to your emails and easily reimburses the consumer in the event of a dispute with the seller.
- As a last resort, after having contacted the reseller’s support directly (https://www.mmoga.fr/support_center.php) and if you do not have a positive answer to your problem, I can try to mediate if you provide me with the date and time of the order, the order number, the method of payment used and your email address used for payment.
Why have a genuine copy of Windows 10 ?
- Having an official version of Windows 10 activated allows you first of all to be able to take advantage of Windows 10 updates. It is really important to download and install Windows updates because they allow you to fix bugs, bring improvements to Windows 10 but also to correct security vulnerabilities. These security vulnerabilities could be exploited without your knowledge by hackers via malware, ransomware, adware, etc. It is therefore vital for your computer security.
- Avoid modded versions of Windows (hacked versions available on the web) because you don’t know what changes have been made to the OS. There is a strong probability that the modified version contains flaws, backdoors, malware, trojans or viruses that compromise your security on the internet and could seriously harm you.
- Using a pirated version of Windows 10 is illegal, you may be subject to legal action.
- This software license is a security guarantee (a point on which Microsoft is very often attacked), so do not take this genuine Windows copy story lightly! This is really the basis of your computer security.
Why buy a Windows 10 key when Windows 10 is free ?
In fact, the reason is simple: Windows 10 is not free! Upgrading for free from an older version of Windows was desired (and strongly encouraged) by Microsoft, but that doesn’t mean Windows 10 is free.
Although many users have been able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, there may be times when you need to purchase a genuine Windows 10 license. In what cases?
- In case of reinstallation after changing the motherboard (your digital license for the migration to Windows being stored in the BIOS of the motherboard). Because in this case, you risk losing your digital license which was granted to you for free when you migrated to Windows 10.
- If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 from a version of Windows that does not allow free upgrades such as Windows Vista or Windows XP.
- If you have deleted or overwritten your laptop’s recovery partition to restore your operating system.
- If you want to change the version of Windows 10. Example: switch from the Home version to the Professional version of the operating system of the Redmond firm.
How do I activate Windows 10 with my product key ?
Your license key will be sent to you by email just after your purchase on a site selling low-cost licenses. So be very careful when ordering and check your email entry to receive your Win10 activation code. Also check that your key has not landed in your spam folder before contacting customer support.
Once received (and unless otherwise instructed by the reseller), all you have to do is follow the procedure to reinstall Windows 10, perform a clean installation or simply change the product key if Windows 10 is already installed on your computer ( it’s the simplest, jump directly to step 4 of this tutorial if you are in this case):
- Download the correct version of Windows 10 from Microsoft official website: https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/software-download/windows10
- During the installation, you will be prompted to enter the purchased product key which consists of 25 characters.
- After Win 10 installation is complete, Microsoft will activate your version of Windows online.
- To check the authenticity of your license, right click on the Start menu then click on Settings then on Update and security then on Activation in the left menu. You will see in the first section if your Windows 10 is activated or not. This is where you can Change the product key by entering your license key on an already installed Windows 10 (Update product key section).