If you are still using Microsoft Windows 7, know that it is easily possible for you to migrate to the latest version that is Windows 10. Especially with the end of Windows 7 which will soon arrive since Microsoft has decided to stop the updates for Windows 7 on Tuesday January 14, 2020. How to proceed to update Windows 7 to Windows 10 ? This is what you will discover through this guide to migrating Windows 7.
Windows 10 features
Windows 10 has many very practical features. It guarantees a level of performance never seen before in the history of Microsoft operating systems. Whether in terms of security, stability or ergonomics, it is significantly better than Windows 7.
For example, from the Windows 10 taskbar, it is possible to have direct access to almost all the features of the computer :
- The wireless access point (hotspot);
- Proximity sharing;
- Airplane mode;
- The battery saver;
- In addition, Windows 10 comes with Cortana, a virtual assistant that can help you carry out certain
- tasks, notably using the voice recognition function.
How to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free ?
Updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is similar to reinstalling Windows (in the event of a bug in Windows 10 previously installed for example). It is carried out in 6 very simple steps which are:
- Downloading the installation media creation tool;
- The launch of the support creation tool;
- The choice of the corresponding option;
- Downloading and creating Windows 10 media;
- Acceptance of the terms of the Windows 10 license agreement;
- The launch of the installation itself.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to upgrade.
1. Download the installation media creation tool
To get started, go to Microsoft’s site to download the installation media creation tool. Once on the page, click Download Tool Now to start the download. To speed up the download, you can use a download manager.
2. Launch the downloaded tool then accept the conditions of the license agreement
Once the upgrade utility is downloaded, click on the file to run it. Then accept the Windows 10 license agreement by pressing the corresponding button at the bottom right of the window.
3. Choose the option “Upgrade this PC now”
Once the terms of the contract have been accepted, another window will appear asking you what you want to do. At this level, you only have to choose the Upgrade this PC now option.
4. Wait while downloading and creating Windows 10 media
The “upgrade this PC now” option will start download. All you will need to do at this stage is to wait until the download is complete.
5. Accept the terms of the Windows 10 license agreement
Again, you will be asked to accept or decline the Windows 10 license terms. At this point, just click Accept.
6. Start the installation of Windows 10
The final step is to start installing your new system. Then click on Install and let the installation take place. Your PC will restart one or more times during the installation.
The advantage of this upgrade process is that you will lose absolutely no data (music, video, documents …) during the process if all goes well.
Hopefully these tips will help you migrate Windows 7 to Windows 10 as quickly as possible.