What’s System requirements for Qlik Sense Enterprise ?
The system requirements for Qlik Sense Enterprise can vary depending on the specific version and release.
In order to ensure a successful installation and optimal functioning of Qlik Sense, it is important to meet certain requirements on the target system. The following section outlines the essential criteria that must be fulfilled.
Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows
Here are some general guidelines for the system requirements:
- CPU: 64-bit Intel processor or equivalent
- RAM: Minimum 8 GB, but higher amounts of RAM are recommended for better performance, especially when working with large datasets or complex visualizations.
- Disk Space: Qlik Sense requires a significant amount of disk space for installation and data storage. A minimum of 5.0 GB of free disk space is recommended.
- Network: Stable network connection with sufficient bandwidth for data communication.
- Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2 or later (Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2019, 2022), for development and testing purposes Windows 10 (64-bit edition) with the latest service packs and updates.
- .NET Framework: The supported versions of .NET Framework should be installed.
- Web Browser: The latest versions of supported web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer (with certain limitations). These browsers must support WebSockets.
- Virtualization: Qlik Sense supports virtualization technologies such as VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- PostgreSQL: By default, Qlik Sense includes PostgreSQL in its setup. However, if needed, you have the option to manually download and install PostgreSQL. During the PostgreSQL installation process, the installer will automatically install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64), which is a prerequisite for PostgreSQL 12.x.
- Ports: Ensure that the necessary ports are open for communication between Qlik Sense components and other services.Here is a list of commonly used ports in a standard Qlik Sense deployment:
- Port 80 (HTTP): This port is used for HTTP communication, primarily for Qlik Sense Proxy Service (QPS).
- Port 443 (HTTPS): This port is used for secure HTTPS communication, primarily for QPS and Qlik Sense Hub.
- Port 4242 (Qlik Associative Engine JSON-RPC): This port is used for communication between Qlik Sense services and the Qlik Associative Engine, which is responsible for data handling and calculations.
- Firewall: Configure the firewall settings to allow inbound and outbound traffic for Qlik Sense services.
It’s important to note that these requirements can change with different releases and updates of Qlik Sense Enterprise. Therefore, it’s recommended to refer to the official Qlik documentation or release notes for the specific version you are installing to get the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding system requirements.