Are you on Windows 10 and want to install Windows 11 – the latest operating system from Microsoft – to take advantage of all its new features? Know that it is possible, and that it is even free!
Microsoft has indeed confirmed that upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 is free for all PCs that meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. If your computer is eligible, you will receive a free upgrade offer to Windows 11 in Windows Update. The deployment of Windows 11 begins from October 5, 2021 and will last until mid-2022.
Do you want to switch from Windows 10 to Windows 11 now without delay?
Microsoft offers an easy tool to help you quickly install Windows 11 on a compatible PC. It’s called Windows 11 Installation Assistant, and it’s the fastest way to install your system on the new Windows 11 operating system.
Don’t worry: during the migration to Windows 11, all your apps, settings and personal files will be preserved.
In this tutorial, we will see how to update Windows 10 to Windows 11 for free.
To upgrade to Windows 11, you will need a PC with the minimum system requirements for Windows 11:
- CPU: 1 GHz or higher, 2 cores minimum, 64-bit
- RAM: 4 GB or more
- Disk: 64 GB or more
- GPU: DirectX 12 compatible with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Motherboard with UEFI firmware
- TPM 2.0 security chip
- Windows 10 version 2004 or later
Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11
To update Windows 10 to Windows 11 using the Windows 11 Installation Assistant, follow these instructions:
1. Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant.
2. Open the Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe file.
3. If your PC is not compatible with Windows 11, you will get the following message: “Use the PC Health Check app to check compatibility”.
4. Click the Accept and Install button to accept the terms of the license agreement and start downloading and installing Windows 11.
5. First step: downloading Windows 11.
6. Second step: verification of the download.
7. Third and final step: installing Windows 11.
8. Save your work, make sure your laptop is plugged in, then click the Restart Now button.
9. Wait while Windows 11 installs.
10. Log in with your user account.
11. Wait while configuring Windows 11.
12. That’s it, Windows 11 has been successfully installed on your computer!
Congratulations: you have successfully updated Windows 10 to Windows 11 using the Windows 11 Setup Wizard!
You may also like : Install Windows 11: the complete guide .