How to recover deleted whatsapp conversations
WhatsApp has become an indispensable communication application in our life. We use it to stay connected with co-workers, family, friends, and more.
However, with most of our daily communication going through WhatsApp, it often happens that WhatsApp messages got deleted from our Android or iOS phone accidentally. Luckily when you have lost or deleted conversations, WhatsApp provides an automatic Backup WhatsApp Messages feature to recover deleted or lost WhatsApp messages, but the downside is that the existing messages will be overwritten by old ones. While they aren’t the ideal way to recover your lost WhatsApp conversations, they do get the job done at least to some extent. Also, except automatic backup, there are many other ways to backup WhatsApp messages, from any unexpected data loss.
Here we would like to share with you several effective ways to recover deleted WhatsApp messages without backup on Android and iPhone. Let’s see how I can recover my WhatsApp messages even if I haven’t made a backup!
Recover deleted WhatsApp conversations without backup
For Android users, you can first choose to recover deleted WhatsApp messages with backup, like Google Drive or local backup. If there are no backup files, you can restore deleted WhatsApp messages without backup with DroidKit. Also, as a complete Android solution, DroidKit allows you to recover WhatsApp conversations from broken Android or with Google Drive backup.
How can you recover deleted WhatsApp message Android without backup with DroidKit? With WhatsApp recovery tool for Android, you can scan your device, preview contact’s WhatsApp messages, and choose chat history to recover directly. No overwriting of all existing data. No need to root your device.
Advantages of DroidKit:
- Recovery of WhatsApp messages and attachments.
- You can preview the conversations before recovering them.
- You can recover conversations selectively.
Check the detailed steps below to recover deleted WhatsApp message on Android via DroidKit:
- Download the latest version of DroidKit on Mac or Windows PC. Launch it then go to Recover Lost Data and choose WhatsApp Recovery.
- Connect your Android via USB cable, and click the Start button to continue.
Note: Follow the instructions displayed on DroidKit if you are unable to connect your Android device
- Then you can preview all your WhatsApp chats as below. Check what you need and click To Device or To PC.
If you haven’t made backup, the only available way to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone is to use a professional tools like PhoneRescue for iOS, which allows you to recover severals types of iOS files without backup, including WhatsApp, text messages, photos, etc.
With this tools installed on your computer, you can recover all WhatsApp message history including media files. There is no need to uninstall WhatsApp on your iPhone.
Also, it allows you to restore/read deleted WhatsApp messages with backup, preview iTunes or iCloud backup, and recover them.
Here is how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone without backup:
- Download the latest version of PhoneRescue for iOS to your computer (Windows PC and Mac are supported).
- Launch PhoneRescue on your computer then connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable and choose Recover from iOS Device mode, click right arrow to continue.
- Select WhatsApp > Tap OK to continue.
- Preview and select the WhatsApp messages and attachments you want to recover and then click Recover To PC or To Device button.
Recover Deleted WhatsApp Conversations Free from Backup
If you have ever backed up your WhatsApp data to Google Drive using your Android phone, you can restore them easily by following the steps below:
- To get started, uninstall and then reinstall WhatsApp on your Android device.
- Then go to Play Store, and install WhatsApp on your phone.
- And finally, log in with the same phone number, WhatsApp will therefore offer you to recover a backup, tap on the Restore button.
Note: If you’re using an iPhone, the steps are the same, except you’ll be restoring your conversations from iCloud, not Google Drive.
This is all about how to restore deleted WhatsApp messages without backup. As you can see above, with PhoneRescue, your deleted WhatsApp messages can be easily recovered with just 1 click. Download PhoneRescue for iOS and recover your WhatsApp messages and attachments on your iPhone right now.
And, you can fully recover WhatsApp conversations and media files on Android with the complete Android solution – DroidKit.
If this guide helped you recover deleted WhatsApp conversations without backup, please share it with other users on forums and social networks to help them recover WhatsApp data.