As part of a personal music project, I needed to extract audio from a video and convert it to MP3. In this article, I will share with you two methods to achieve this. The first method involves using the free 4K Video Player, 5KPlayer, while the second method utilizes the renowned free media player, VLC.
Recovering audio from video with 5kplayer
In this section, we will discuss the first approach to recover audio from video using the 5KPlayer video player. First, download and install the 5KPlayer software on your Mac or Windows computer, and launch the program. Once you have added the video to the 5KPlayer library, select the video file and choose the MP3 or AAC format for conversion. After a short wait, the audio file will be extracted from the video, and you can enjoy the soundtrack in MP3 format.
Extract audio from video with VLC
Learn how to extract audio from a video file with VLC, the free and open-source media player that can play most audio and video formats.
Whether you’re using Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, or iOS, VLC is available on many operating systems.
To get started:
- Download VLC and install it on your device.
- Once you’ve installed VLC, open it and click on the “Media” tab in the menu bar. Then select “Convert/Save” from the drop-down menu.
- Add the video file you want to extract audio from and click on the “Convert/Save” button.
- Choose the audio format you want to convert to (e.g. MP3) and select a location to save the audio file.
- In the Settings section, select Audio – MP3 (or another audio format you want to use) as the Profile.
- To modify the recording settings to MP3 format, navigate to the Edit selected profile option under tools and select the Audio codecs tab.
Be careful when changing the codec or bitrate as this can impact the recording quality. If you’re not sure what you’re doing, it’s best to leave the default settings as they are.
- Next, select the location and name of your file by clicking on Browse (remember to include the .mp3 extension in the file name), and then click on Save.
- Finally, click on Start to begin the audio extraction process and save it in MP3 format.
VLC will then extract the audio from the video and save it as a separate file. With VLC, you can easily extract audio from any video file and enjoy your favorite music or audio tracks anytime, anywhere.
Attention, the duration of the extraction depends on the size of the initial video file!
To find out more about VLC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VLC_media_player