To install Windows 10, the simplest solution is to create an installation USB drive ! A few years ago we were all forced to use CD/DVDs which were not very practical to use. Today, with USB keys, everything is much simpler: you can modify their content in just a few seconds!
In this tutorial, we will create a Windows 10 installation USB drive with the Microsoft media creation tool .
Other ways are available to create a bootable USB drive such as Rufus software, it has more features and options but it’s more complicated to use, it’s intended to advanced users.
Using media creation tool
If you are looking for simplicity and speed use media creation tool. The tool takes care of everything : it downloads the installation files for the latest version of Windows 10 and copies them to the USB drive.
With the Microsoft media creation tool, creating a Windows 10 USB installation drive is very simple : everything is done automatically, the tool installs Windows 10 installation files on the USB stick.
- Download the Windows 10 media creation tool
- Launch the tool and accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Select Create installation media (USB key, DVD or ISO file) for another PC.
- Select the language and architecture of the system (32-bit, 64-bit or both).
- Select USB flash drive.
- Select the USB drive to which Windows 10 installation files will be copied. In the screenshot below, I select the USB key identified by the letter E. If you have any doubts about the USB key, do not hesitate to take a look in the File Explorer to see what it contains . All files on this USB key will be deleted!
Click Next to start creating the Windows 10 installation USB drive.
- The program downloads the installation files for Windows 10 then copies them to the USB key.
- Here you go, your Windows 10 installation USB stick is ready !
Now, this is how to use the Windows 10 installation drive to install Windows 10 in your PC.